PILOT CLUB EXTRA EVENTS IN MARCH 2018
AND COMING EVENTS FOR APRIL 2018
Some extra events were added to the March programme after it was compiled:
- Film “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri” at Welwyn Garden City
- Live Screening of Bernstein Ballet at Welwyn Garden City
- Plus an extra pub-night at The Three Hammers, Chiswell Green, St Albans.
Unfortunately two March events had to be cancelled because of the snow & ice.
- One pub-night
- Visit to the Open Gardens at Waterend, Wheathampstead.
COMING EVENTS FOR APRIL 2018
- At “The Three Hammers”, Chiswell Green, St Albans
- At “The Hare & Hounds”, Sopwell Lane, St Albans
- At “The Goat”, Sopwell Lane, St Albans
- At “The Waterend Barn” St Peter’s St, St Albans, with option of a meal beforehand.
- At “The Speckled Hen”, Hatfield Rd, St Albans. (On a Tuesday)
- At “The Three Hammers”, Chiswell Green, St Albans, with coffee & cake at a member’s home afterwards. (On a Sunday)
- Walk in the Ashridge Estate, about 5 miles (Bank Holiday)
- Visit to London to the Mithraeum and Tate Modern (On a Saturday)
- Visit to London for guided walk on Brunel’s London, with boat-trip, tunnel-descent and museum. (On a Saturday)
- Illustrated lecture on potter Bernard Leach (On a Tuesday)
- Dancing at Croxley Green (On a Saturday)
- Dancing at Hemel Hempstead (On a Saturday)
- Play “The Argument” at Abbey Theatre, St Albans (On a Saturday)
- Film “Goodbye Christopher Robin” at Hemel Hempstead (On a Tuesday)
- Quiz Nights at “The Speckled Hen”, Hatfield Rd, St Albans (Mondays)
COMING UP IN MAY 2018
- Pilot Club AGM, with food and table quiz, at Tyttenhanger, St Albans
- Live Screening of ballet “Manon” at Welwyn Garden City
- Recorded performance of musical “An American in Paris” at Welwyn Garden City
CLUBS WITHIN THE CLUB
There are 3 clubs within Pilot Club:
- Pilot Bridge (weekly, in members’ homes),
- Supper Club (usually monthly, in members’ homes),
- Snooker Club (weekly at a Snooker Club in St Albans).
WHY NOT JOIN US AND GET OUT & ABOUT WITH NEW FRIENDS,
NOW THAT SPRING IS ON ITS WAY?
To find out more about Pilot Club, please use the contact box on the main page of this website. Our New Members’ co-ordinator will reply to you. If you leave your address, the next 3 monthly programmes will be posted to you. If you also leave your phone number (preferably landline) our new members’ co-ordinator will phone you to tell you more about the club.