EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Sun, July 02, 2017 20:50:53
Another event for July :
Street Party in St Michael's area of St Albans. Start with pub barbecue.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, June 30, 2017 08:58:59
LUNCH at the popular pub on the Hatfield Road, St AlbansNote: sometimes events are submitted for our programme after it has been compiled.
If you are a member, details of these late events will be emailed to you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Mon, June 26, 2017 12:45:47
PILOT CLUB EVENTS FOR
PILOT CLUB SUMMER EVENT
- Quiz with professional quiz-masters at Charles
Morris Hall, Tyttenhanger, St. Albans.
Nibbles, and bring-your-own drinks.
- Waterend Barn, St Albans, with option of meal beforehand.
- The Green Dragon, London Colney.
- The Prae Wood Arms, Redbourn Rd, St Albans
- The Three Hammers, Chiswell Gn, St Albans
- Guided walk around Isle of Dogs. Travel by
train from St Albans
- Open Gardens at Ramsbury Rd, St Albans
- Trip to Margate, to see exhibitions at Turner Contemporary
Gallery, and, of course, the sea and beaches. Travel by train (from St Albans via St Pancras)
- Open Gardens at village of Braughing, Herts,
with vehicles of the past, cream teas etc. (Travel by car, possible
- Trip to IKEA at Wembley. Meet there. (or
- Classics on the Common at Harpenden. 1000
vehicles (late afternoon visit). Meal at Skew Bridge Harpenden, or drinks,
afterwards, or join us for just meal/drinks.
- Butterfly Walk led by Friends of the Nicky
- See above for meals at Waterend Barn, St Albans, and Skew Bridge, Harpenden.
- Pot Luck Supper at a member’s home in St Albans. Take a dish to share
- In a member’s lovely garden in St Albans.
- “Lovesong” by Abi Morgan at Abbey Theatre, St Albans
- “The Birds” by Aristophanes in a modern
adaptation, at Roman Theatre, Verulamium, St Albans.
- “Going in Style” at Alban Arena.
- Pilot club members join the regular Monday
night quiz at the pub on the Hatfield Road, St Albans.
CLUBS WITHIN THE CLUB
Pilot Club has a Bridge
Club (weekly), Snooker Club (weekly) and Supper Club (monthly).
- If you would like to join any of these events,
please contact the New Members’ Co-ordinator, using the box on the main
page of this website. Please give your address (the first programme will
be posted to you, and the next two will be emailed). You can attend 3
events within a 3-month period before joining.
- As well as the monthly printed programme,
which is circulated to members, late events are sometimes added, and
members are told of these by email.
- The Pilot Club programme is made up of events
submitted and hosted by members, so whatever you want to do, you can put
an event in the programme, and other members will be able to join you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, June 23, 2017 08:45:49
Another event for June 2017
BARN DANCE at Samuel Ryder Academy, St Albans
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Mon, June 12, 2017 09:00:30
WALK - in Heartwood Forest, near Sandridge, followed by visit to local pub
THEATRE - Play "Lovesong" by Abi Morgan at Abbey Theatre, St AlbansExtra events are sometimes added to our Pilot Club programme after it has been compiled ready for the start of the month. Details of these extra events are circulated to club members by email.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Thu, May 25, 2017 10:29:33
PILOT CLUB EVENTS FOR
- The Chequers, Redbourn
- The Ski Centre, Hemel Hempstead with option of meal beforehand
- The Skew Bridge, Southdown, Harpenden, with option of meal
- The Prae Wood Arms, Redbourn Rd, St Albans.
- The Garibaldi, St Albans
First Tuesday lunch at pub
Regular Monday night quiz
at pub on Hatfield
- Spa Valley Railway and Groombridge Place Gardens, by coach
- Heavy Horse Show at Capel Manor, Enfield
- Garden Party at Ashridge House, with stalls
and cream teas
- Open Garden Squares in London by train
- Home and Garden Show at Capel Manor, Enfield
- “Moonlight” at Arena, St Albans
- “Viceroy’s House” at Arena, St Albans (we’re going to a matinee as well)
- “Lion” at Arena, St Albans
Shaw’s “Major Barbara” in
the playwright’s garden at Shaw’s Corner, Ayot St Lawrence. Picnic in the garden before the play
“A Century of Jazz” at The
Maltings, St Albans
CLUBS WITHIN PILOT CLUB
Bridge Club meets weekly.
Snooker Club meets weekly. Supper Club meets about once a month
COMING UP IN JULY
- Guided walk of Isle of Dogs, travel by train
from St Albans
- River Trent Cruise, with coach to Nottingham
- Pilot Club Summer Event – quiz with
professional Quiz Master
If you think you would
enjoy some of these events, in the company of other Pilot club members, please
contact the New Members’ Co-ordinator, using the contact box on the main page
of this website.
You can attend 3 events
within a 3-month period before joining.
Please give your
address (The first programme will be posted to you – the next two will be
emailed to you.) Please leave your telephone number so you can be contacted to
give you more information about the club.
Pilot Club programme is
made up by the members hosting events. So whatever you want to do, you can put
it in the club programme, and other members can join you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Sat, May 13, 2017 16:17:47
Now it's Spring, garden visits are in our programme.
National Garden Scheme Open Garden
The Manor House, Ayot St. Lawrence, AL6 9BP.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Tue, April 25, 2017 11:25:58
Some more events for May 2017:-
Quizzes - regular Monday night quiz at the popular pub on the Hatfield road
Dancing - Dance to music of Eddie the Editor at the dance club in Edgware