EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, August 11, 2017 14:47:32Pop-Up Auction
in Welwyn, with auctioneer David Palmer.
You can enter lots, go to view the lots to see if you want to bid, or just attend the auction.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, July 28, 2017 12:05:42Sunday Morning Walk
in the Radlett area.
Meet at the start, or possible car-share from St Albans.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Tue, July 25, 2017 16:30:07AN EXTRA EVENT FOR JULY 2017
Day Out at the Dacorum Steam and Country Fayre at Potten End.TWO EXTRA EVENTS FOR AUGUST 2017
Pot Luck Supper in a member's home in Hemel Hempstead
Meal at The Long Arm and the Short Arm, Lemsford.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Mon, July 24, 2017 14:34:42PUB NIGHTS
King William IV, St Albans
The Hare and Hounds, St Albans
The Prae Wood Arms, St Albans
The White Lion, St Albans
The Chequers, Redbourn Rd, St Albans, with option of meal beforehand.MEALS OUT
Lunch at pub on the Hatfield Rd, St Albans
Afternoon Tea at The Green Dragon, London ColneyQUIZZES
Pilot Club members join the regular Monday night quiz at a pub on Hatfield Rd, St AlbansAFTERNOON VISIT
Tea at a member's home/garden, followed by walk to the Celebration Garden at Ayletts Nursery, St AlbansDAYS OUT
Trip to Bedford for guided walk about houses and their history, plus a visit to exhibitions on Victorian Art, Edward Bawden, and Shorts Brothers' Airships at Higgins Museum. Travel by train from St Albans.
Trip to Broadstairs for Open Studios, sandy beaches, ice-cream parlours, bandstand etc. Travel by train from St Albans or meet for train from St Pancras .CINEMA
"An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power" at Garden City Cinema, Campus West, Welwyn Garden City.LATE EVENTS
Sometimes more events for the month's programme are submitted after it has been compiled. Details of these will be emailed to members.If you would like to join any of these events, please contact the New Members' Co-ordinator via the box on the main page of this website. If you give your phone-number, you will be contacted with further information about the club. Please give your address, as the first of your 3 programmes will be posted to you, and the next 2 will be emailed to you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Sun, July 02, 2017 20:50:53
Another event for July :
Street Party in St Michael's area of St Albans. Start with pub barbecue.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, June 30, 2017 08:58:59
LUNCH at the popular pub on the Hatfield Road, St AlbansNote: sometimes events are submitted for our programme after it has been compiled.
If you are a member, details of these late events will be emailed to you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Mon, June 26, 2017 12:45:47
PILOT CLUB EVENTS FOR
PILOT CLUB SUMMER EVENT
- Quiz with professional quiz-masters at Charles
Morris Hall, Tyttenhanger, St. Albans.
Nibbles, and bring-your-own drinks.
- Waterend Barn, St Albans, with option of meal beforehand.
- The Green Dragon, London Colney.
- The Prae Wood Arms, Redbourn Rd, St Albans
- The Three Hammers, Chiswell Gn, St Albans
- Guided walk around Isle of Dogs. Travel by
train from St Albans
- Open Gardens at Ramsbury Rd, St Albans
- Trip to Margate, to see exhibitions at Turner Contemporary
Gallery, and, of course, the sea and beaches. Travel by train (from St Albans via St Pancras)
- Open Gardens at village of Braughing, Herts,
with vehicles of the past, cream teas etc. (Travel by car, possible
- Trip to IKEA at Wembley. Meet there. (or
- Classics on the Common at Harpenden. 1000
vehicles (late afternoon visit). Meal at Skew Bridge Harpenden, or drinks,
afterwards, or join us for just meal/drinks.
- Butterfly Walk led by Friends of the Nicky
- See above for meals at Waterend Barn, St Albans, and Skew Bridge, Harpenden.
- Pot Luck Supper at a member’s home in St Albans. Take a dish to share
- In a member’s lovely garden in St Albans.
- “Lovesong” by Abi Morgan at Abbey Theatre, St Albans
- “The Birds” by Aristophanes in a modern
adaptation, at Roman Theatre, Verulamium, St Albans.
- “Going in Style” at Alban Arena.
- Pilot club members join the regular Monday
night quiz at the pub on the Hatfield Road, St Albans.
CLUBS WITHIN THE CLUB
Pilot Club has a Bridge
Club (weekly), Snooker Club (weekly) and Supper Club (monthly).
- If you would like to join any of these events,
please contact the New Members’ Co-ordinator, using the box on the main
page of this website. Please give your address (the first programme will
be posted to you, and the next two will be emailed). You can attend 3
events within a 3-month period before joining.
- As well as the monthly printed programme,
which is circulated to members, late events are sometimes added, and
members are told of these by email.
- The Pilot Club programme is made up of events
submitted and hosted by members, so whatever you want to do, you can put
an event in the programme, and other members will be able to join you.
EventsPosted by Pilot Events Blogger 2 Fri, June 23, 2017 08:45:49
Another event for June 2017
BARN DANCE at Samuel Ryder Academy, St Albans